Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I took these to work and everybody asked me for the recipe! you can use whatever jam you want, I prefer strawberry. ps, this recipe can be easily halved and baked in a 8x8 pan.
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups jam (seedless of course)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9x13" pan and line with greased foil.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and rolled oats.
- Cut in the butter using 2 knives or a pastry blender and form a crumbly mixture.
- Press 2/3 of the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Spread the jam to within 1/4 inch of the edge.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top and lightly press it into the jam.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool before cutting into bars.
There is a missing measurement for the jam, 1 1/2 what?
Simple and tasty. I used a bit less sugar, plum jam and coconut sprinled on top before baking. Very popular with my French students who ate it never having had an oatmeal bar cookie before. Will make again in different variations.
awesome recipe! These were very easy to make and tasted really great. I used strawberry jam and cut down on the sugar because I don't like overly sweet things - other than that these were great! Thanks for the recipe - I will definately make again.