- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup regular rolled oats
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peeled peaches or 1 cup chopped apple
- 1⁄4 cup raisins or 1⁄4 cup snipped pitted dates
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan bring the water and salt to boiling. Stir in oats, peaches or apple, raisins or dates, and cinnamon. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Cover; let stand for 2 minutes. Stir in brown sugar.
- Divide the hot oat mixture among 4 bowls. Pour 2 tablespoons milk over each serving. Serve immediately.