I haven't tried these but thought they'd be good as a snack for a quick energy burst when you're doing exercise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 180°C.
- 2Butter an 18 x 28 cm cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
- 3Mix together the oats and coconut.
- 4Melt the butter in a pan with the sugar and syrup.
- 5Give it an occasional stir until the sugar has dissolved and the butter melted.
- 6Take the pan off the heat and stir in the oat mix, nuts and dried fruit.
- 7Leave to cool.
- 8Cut or break two thirds of the chocolate into big chunks and break into the oat mix.
- 9Tip and spread the mixture into the tin.
- 10Bake for 25-30 minutes until pale golden.
- 11Mark into squares while still warm.
- 12When completely cold, cut all the way through.
- 13Mel the rest of the chocolate and drizzle over.
- 14Will keep for up to a week in an airtight tin.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit & Nut Squares With Chocolate Drizzle
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.6
- Calories from Fat 382
- Total Fat 42.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.9 mg
- Sodium 422.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 12.9 g