Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't tried these but thought they'd be good as a snack for a quick energy burst when you're doing exercise.
- 200 g porridge oats
- 25 g desiccated coconut
- 140 g butter
- 50 g muscovado sugar
- 5 tablespoons golden syrup
- 175 g mixed nuts (pistachio, unsalted cashews)
- 50 g dried cranberries
- 100 g dark chocolate
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Butter an 18 x 28 cm cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
- Mix together the oats and coconut.
- Melt the butter in a pan with the sugar and syrup.
- Give it an occasional stir until the sugar has dissolved and the butter melted.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the oat mix, nuts and dried fruit.
- Leave to cool.
- Cut or break two thirds of the chocolate into big chunks and break into the oat mix.
- Tip and spread the mixture into the tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until pale golden.
- Mark into squares while still warm.
- When completely cold, cut all the way through.
- Mel the rest of the chocolate and drizzle over.
- Will keep for up to a week in an airtight tin.