This recipe is from Easy Home Cooking, Slow Cooker recipe book. What better combination than apples with brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts. This recipe is a little different from others here, because it calls for dried apricots in the brown sugar mixture. Your house will smell divine when these are cooking!
- Scoop out the center of each apple, leaving about 1/2 inch of the bottom.
- Peel top of apple down about 1 inch.
- Brush peeled edges with lemon juice.
- Mix apricots, nuts, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Add melted butter and mix well.
- Spoon mixture evenly into apple cavities.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water into the bottom of slow cooker.
- Arrange apples in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 3-4 hours, or until apples are tender.
- (optional) Serve warm with caramel ice cream topping.