Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a special salad-great for entertaining. Very colorful! Make the dressing ahead of time to allow to cool.
- 6 ounces salad greens (I like boston bibb and red leaf lettuce)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 12 -16 ounces frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry juice
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- To make dressing:.
- Drain the raspberries (I reserve the juice for another use.) Blend and push through a sieve to strain seeds.
- Combine raspberry pulp with remaining dressing ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir 1 minute until thickened. Cool. Cover and refrigerate until using.
- To serve:.
- Toss all salad ingredients in a salad bowl, or serve each ingredient in individual dishes for a "build your own salad". Serve with cooled dressing.
I just love fruit and greens together, and oh, this was good! I used mixed field greens and was out of celery seeds, but everything else was just as written. Loved it! The dressing was incredible. I'll definitely make this again. Thanks for posting!