Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very easy slice. Store it in the refrigerator for a week. A healthy addition to your lunchbox.(You can substitute a commercial GF flour mix in place of the rice and cornflour)
- 120 g dried dates, sliced
- 60 g dried apricots, sliced
- 60 g raisins
- 60 g whole almonds
- 70 g rice flour
- 40 g maize cornflour (US-cornstarch)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 180°C Grease and line a 20cm x 10cm (8 inch x 4 inch) baking tin with paper.
- Melt the honey (or heat in the microwave) until it is runny.
- In a mixing bowl mix the dried fruits, flours and almonds together.Add the heated honey and the beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Press the mixture into the baking tin and flatten it down with the back of a spoon. The mixture is very thick so you will need to spread it out evenly.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden in colour.
- While the slice is still hot brush with a little marmalade or some extra honey to glaze.
- Slice while still warm and leave to cool before storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator.