This is a very easy slice. Store it in the refrigerator for a week. A healthy addition to your lunchbox.(You can substitute a commercial GF flour mix in place of the rice and cornflour)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C Grease and line a 20cm x 10cm (8 inch x 4 inch) baking tin with paper.
- 2Melt the honey (or heat in the microwave) until it is runny.
- 3In a mixing bowl mix the dried fruits, flours and almonds together.Add the heated honey and the beaten eggs. Mix well.
- 4Press the mixture into the baking tin and flatten it down with the back of a spoon. The mixture is very thick so you will need to spread it out evenly.
- 5Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden in colour.
- 6While the slice is still hot brush with a little marmalade or some extra honey to glaze.
- 7Slice while still warm and leave to cool before storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit & Nut Lunchbox Bars- Gluten Free
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.1
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 13.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g