1/9 Photos of Fruit & Nut Chicken Salad
2 hrs 20 mins
From The Gadsden Times (online edition) by Mary Lucille Jordan. Can be made with poached or roasted chicken or turkey. Dried cranberries can be substituted for the raisins -- diced celery can be substituted for the onions! Chill if desired, or serve immediately. -------- The salad pictured is made with raisins, both celery and green onions to fill the 1/3 cup measure, (not 1/3 cup of each), and about twice the amount of toasted almonds as called for in the recipe -- the almonds were so good I couldn't resist doubling the amount! It is a nice combination of flavors -- NOTE: salt and pepper can be added to taste.
My Private Note
1/2 cup ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup raisins or 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken or 3 cups cooked turkey
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions (or both!) or 1/3 cup diced celery (or both!)
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1Combine dried fruit and apple juice in a small saucepan or microwave-safe bowl. Bring to a simmer and stir. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- 2Mix mayonnaise and mustard in a medium bowl. Add chicken (or turkey), green onions (or celery) and toasted almonds. Mix well. Stir cooled fruit into chicken mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill if desired, or serve immediately.
- 3Serve over salad greens as a main dish salad, or in pita pockets or on multi-grain bread as a sandwich filling.
- 4Cook time is recommended chill time!
- 5NOTE: 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts = 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken, or a 3 pound whole chicken yields about 4 1/2 cups cooked/diced.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit & Nut Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (696 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.0
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 34.5 mg
- Sodium 134.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: