Prep 3 hrs
Cook 45 mins
Serve this warm with some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream - YUM! (prep time includes chill time)
- 16 slices day-old bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling, slices cut in half
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- Combine bread& sugar in a large bowl.
- In another large bowl, beat eggs, milk, cinnamon, salt& vanilla until foamy.
- Pour over bread& sugar; mix well.
- Cover& refrigerate 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F; grease a 13x9 baking pan (or use non-stick cooking spray).
- Stir in remaining ingredients; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until firm.
This was pretty good as written. Will make again.