Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 50 mins
Great substitute for the dreaded FRUITCAKE. Easier to make, and much tastier, too.
Make and share this Fruit Nut Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour loaf pan.
- In a bowl, cover apricots and raisins with water and soak for 1/2 hour. Drain.
- Squeeze orange, and add enough hot water to make 1 cup.
- Reserve half of the orange peel.
- In food processor, chop apricots,orange peel, and raisins.
- Sift together flour, powder, soda, sugar, and salt.
- Add fruits, nuts, and juice.
- Beat together egg, butter, and vanilla.
- Add to batter.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.
- Cool 10 mins then remove from pan to rack until completely cool.