Recipe by wyomugs
Great substitute for the dreaded FRUITCAKE. Easier to make, and much tastier, too.
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 1 large orange
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups nuts, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour loaf pan.
- In a bowl, cover apricots and raisins with water and soak for 1/2 hour. Drain.
- Squeeze orange, and add enough hot water to make 1 cup.
- Reserve half of the orange peel.
- In food processor, chop apricots,orange peel, and raisins.
- Sift together flour, powder, soda, sugar, and salt.
- Add fruits, nuts, and juice.
- Beat together egg, butter, and vanilla.
- Add to batter.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.
- Cool 10 mins then remove from pan to rack until completely cool.