Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sis calls this jar concoction Waves Of The Desert. She doesn't like to bake or cook for that matter. This is one of her Artistic food gifts
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- In small bowl mix the flour mixture ingredients together.
- Starting with the brown sugar layer the ingredients in a 1 quart sized glass jar in the order given.
- Ending with the flour mixture.
- Attach a card with directions and recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Lightly spray baking sheet with bakers coating.
- Empty the contents of the jar into a large bowl.
- Blend the mixture until well combined.
- Using wooden spoon work in shortening until the mixture is moistened resembling lumby biscuit dough.
- Mix together egg,vanilla,and buttermilk.
- Using a wooden spoon blend the egg mixture into dough until well combined.
- Drop teaspoonful 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350' for 10 to 14 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Place cookies on a rack to finish cooling.