Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sis calls this jar concoction Waves Of The Desert. She doesn't like to bake or cook for that matter. This is one of her Artistic food gifts
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- In small bowl mix the flour mixture ingredients together.
- Starting with the brown sugar layer the ingredients in a 1 quart sized glass jar in the order given.
- Ending with the flour mixture.
- Attach a card with directions and recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Lightly spray baking sheet with bakers coating.
- Empty the contents of the jar into a large bowl.
- Blend the mixture until well combined.
- Using wooden spoon work in shortening until the mixture is moistened resembling lumby biscuit dough.
- Mix together egg,vanilla,and buttermilk.
- Using a wooden spoon blend the egg mixture into dough until well combined.
- Drop teaspoonful 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350' for 10 to 14 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Place cookies on a rack to finish cooling.