Recipe by Annacia
This is direct from Splenda and everything I have tried from them has been great. I haven't tried it yet myself but plan to.
Top Review by Tea Jenny
Mmm! Mmm! Mmm! I love this kind of bar cookie, so tasty and you get a good chew with all the nuts and fruit. The nuts I used were chopped hazel nuts and chopped walnuts. the fruit was a mix of cranberries, raisins and currents, to use up my fruit from the larder, everything else was as the recipe required. I baked it for exactly 25 minutes. they are very quick to make and so easy, a good one for the kids under supervision when you get to the oven bit. Thank you for posting a smashing recipe. Made for diabetes month November 2010
- 1 cup instant non-fat powdered milk
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄3 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick oatmeal
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In mixed bowl combine skim milk powder,Splenda, water and margerine.
- Beat until frothy.
- Blend in applesauce and cinnamon.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Press evenly into a greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
- Cool and then cut into 25 squares.