Recipe by I'mPat
From Diabetes Australia The Ultimate Diabetes Cookbook in response to a request for diabetic friendly recipes with nuts. Times are estimated.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
delicious! I added in more sugar and reduced the cinnamon to 1/2 teaspoon, subbed raisins for the currents, I enjoyed half and saved the rest for later, thanks for sharing Pat!
- 1 1⁄2 cups white rice (cooked, warm)
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup currants
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 cup evaporated low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or sugar substitute)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Place the rice in an ovenproof pie dish.
- Add the apricots, currants and walnuts.
- Stir the milk through and blend in the cinnamon.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until warmed right through; stir halfway through the cooking time.
- Stir in sugar or substitute and rewarm for 5 minutes.
- Cover with foil (or lid) and allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.