Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Last summer I had an abundance of fruit and an abundance of time. I made several batches of jam, and this was the very best one! Any combination of the fruit that equals 4 cups will work. You may substitute frozen fruit if fresh is not available, but fresh is always best!
- Combine strawberries, peaches, blueberries, cherries and pectin in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook for one minute.
- Add the honey and lemon juice.
- Return to a rolling boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and skin off the foam.
- Ladle into sterilized jars, seal and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
As I was making this jam I noticed that there was no liquid in the ingredients, as there usually is in jam recipes. Since I know that I can't bring 4 cups of crushed fruit to a rolling boil without burning it I added about 1 cup of low sugar fruit juice in step 1. Other than that it came out beautifully and it tastes great! I love the honey taste.