Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy!! Created and prepared for RSC#12 Can be used as appetizers or desserts.
- phyllo dough, keep moist (cut into 72 - 2 inch squares)
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2⁄3 cup no-sugar-added strawberry preserves
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup graham cracker, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar substitute (Splenda)
- Spray a mini muffin tin with buttered flavored vegetable spray.
- Place 3 pieces of phyllo dough in tin with butter veggie spray between pieces with corners facing different directions (looks like a star) repeat 24 times.
- Bake cups at 375 degrees for approx 15 minutes until crispy.
- Cool Shells, in pan until room temperature.
- While shells are cooling beat 1 cup mascarpone cheese with 2/3 cup strawberry fruit spread until pink and fluffy.
- Place approx 1 tsp of cheese mixture in each shell.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs with splenda.
- Sprinkle crumbs on cheese.
- Place blueberries on top of crumbs.
- Chill for approx 30 minutes.
These were very tasty little cups. I do think they could use a little bit more phyllo dough. The directions don't say to cut them into squares but I assumed that was a step needed to be taken. I do think the baking times were a little off for the cups because mine were nice and brown in only a couple of minutes. They are very tasty though and it's a great fast eye catching recipe. I didn't notice until after I was almost finished with the recipe that it calls for graham crackers (which I forgot to buy). So I just skipped that step. I do think it would be tasty with them though. Thank you so much for this lovely recipe! Made for Hidden Gems cooking Event.