Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are very moist easy muffins to make. Fruit cocktail is mixed into a simple batter. Be sure to not overmix or muffins will be too dense.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup fruit cocktail, well drained
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix together melted butter, egg and milk and add to dry ingredients.
- Stir just until mixed and then fold in fruit cocktail.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full and bake at 400° for about 25 minutes.
Very nice muffins. I loved them warm, but enjoyed them a lot cold. I found them ever so slightly dry when cold, so I would recommend a cup of tea! Good lunch box stuff.
We enjoyed these quite a bit. They remind me of the drop biscuits my mother used to make when I was a child (except slightly sweetened and with fruit). For us these are going to be a winner for breakfast. I prefer a less sweet muffin and these fit the bill. I found them a bit dry, but not in a bad way... just a best served with coffee or milk kinda way.