Recipe by SoupCookie
Fresh, frozen or dried fruits can be used in this recipe (rehydrate dried fruits with water or juice) Recipe originates from Harrowsmith Cookbook Vol.1
- 1 cup plum, sliced
- 1 cup peach, sliced
- 1 cup rhubarb, chopped
- 1 cup cherries, pitted
- water, to cover fruits
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Prep/Cook Times are estimates.
- Chop rhubarb into 1 inch pieces. Place that, sliced plums and peaches and cherries into a saucepan with enough water just to cover.
- Cook fruits until tender then strain out onto a plate or bowl, leaving liquid in saucepan.
- In a small bowl combine sugar & flour, blending with enough water to make a paste. Stir into reseved saucepan water and cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until mix looks like a white sauce.
- Add fruit and heat through. If a sweeter soup is desired add a bit more sugar, otherwise serve with sweet cream and enjoy!