Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Fresh, frozen or dried fruits can be used in this recipe (rehydrate dried fruits with water or juice) Recipe originates from Harrowsmith Cookbook Vol.1
- Prep/Cook Times are estimates.
- Chop rhubarb into 1 inch pieces. Place that, sliced plums and peaches and cherries into a saucepan with enough water just to cover.
- Cook fruits until tender then strain out onto a plate or bowl, leaving liquid in saucepan.
- In a small bowl combine sugar & flour, blending with enough water to make a paste. Stir into reseved saucepan water and cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until mix looks like a white sauce.
- Add fruit and heat through. If a sweeter soup is desired add a bit more sugar, otherwise serve with sweet cream and enjoy!