Recipe by Kim D.
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar in February 2005. I made several changes based on the review posted by Jenna Marie. I'm really happy with the changes I've made to the recipe. These cookies are great with or without icing and would be perfect for a child's party.
Top Review by bug @<
I don't know if I made them wrong or what, but I feel like I can't give this recipe any stars at all! I threw the whole batch away because they just weren't good. Sorry to rate so low! :S
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup Fruit Loops cereal
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Fruit Loops cereal, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream together butter, shortening, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and orange extract; mix well.
- Stir in Fruit Loops.
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet or baking stone.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until light golden brown.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and allow cookie to cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For orange icing, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice together in a small bowl, mixing until smooth.
- Ice cookies and garnish with additional Fruit Loops.