Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Nice with a cup of coffee or tea. Preparation time does not include time for overnight soaking of the dried fruit. From telegraph.co.uk.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour the cup of very hot tea over the mixed fruit and brown sugar and leave overnight.
- Next morning, mix the flour, salt and pumpkin pie spice into the butter.
- Mix in the beaten egg, and the soaked fruit and sugar mix.
- Stir in the marmalade.
- Spoon into a 2 lb loaf pan that has been greased well.
- Bake for 75-90 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before slicing.