Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Recipe by 5forks.com. This recipe is for strawberries, but will work with any fruit you like.
- 4 lbs fresh strawberries, cleaned and stemmed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (depending on the sweetness of the fruit)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Preheat oven to 170F degree.
- Toss everything into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a heavy sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and skim off foam that will form on top with a spoon.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30-45 minutes until mixture is the consistency of applesauce.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour mixture on parchment paper and spread evenly.
- Bake at 170F for 8-10 hours. Until the center is no longer sticky.
- Cut into strips and roll up. There you have it, homemade fruit-rolls.