Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Recipe by 5forks.com. This recipe is for strawberries, but will work with any fruit you like.
Make and share this Fruit Leather recipe from Food.com.
- 4 lbs fresh strawberries, cleaned and stemmed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (depending on the sweetness of the fruit)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Preheat oven to 170F degree.
- Toss everything into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a heavy sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and skim off foam that will form on top with a spoon.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30-45 minutes until mixture is the consistency of applesauce.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour mixture on parchment paper and spread evenly.
- Bake at 170F for 8-10 hours. Until the center is no longer sticky.
- Cut into strips and roll up. There you have it, homemade fruit-rolls.