This is not the traditional Kheer which is a form of Indian Rice Pudding. This recipe uses yogurt as the base. I am posting (have not tried yet) for ZWT8 and comes from the Indian Food Forever website.
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt (also referred to in India as curd)
- 2 large bananas, thinly sliced
- 2 large oranges, peeled and cut into segments (referred to as santras in India)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron strand
- 1 teaspoon water
- Mix the sugar, pepper, chili powder, salt and yogurt together.
- Add the bananas and oranges and mix for 2 minutes.
- Dissolve the saffron in one tsp of water and sprinkle it over the dish before serving.
I don't know what to make of this, the flavors are like WOW! It is sweet and savory. Fruity and spicy. I like it.