Recipe by Barefoot Beachcomber
Posted by request. I have not tried this recipe.
Top Review by ThymeWaits
I doubled the recipe and used 2 nectarines in place of 2 peaches. Used a stick blender, would have left alone if I had cut the fruits a lot smaller. Simmered 1 hour before adding brown sugar, then another hour after the addition. (Didn't want it to burn.) Got 11 pints. Next time I'll boil down farther. Tastes like a sweet chili sauce.
- 8 large tomatoes
- 4 peaches
- 4 pears
- 3 onions
- 3 celery ribs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pickling spices, held together with cheesecloth
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch tomatoes and peaches to remove skin.
- Peel other fruits.
- Cut into cubes and place in large pot.
- Add brown sugar, vinegar, salt and marinating spices.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove spices and allow to cool.
- Pour into sterilized jars.