Recipe by Tish
I have not tried this recipe yet, but it sounds so intriguing that I am going to as soon as the fruits go into season. What an interesting new condiment to add to the table!
- 3 lbs tart fruit (grapes, crabapples and red plums)
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups cider vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean fruit, removing stems, cores and pits.
- Add water to fruit and simmer, covered for 30 minutes or until the fruit is tender.
- Press fruit through a sieve.
- Pour fruit pulp into a large kettle; add remaining ingredients.
- Cook over a medium heat, stirring frequently, until smooth and very thick.
- Spoon mixture into hot sterilized glasses.
- Seal tightly.
- Cool and store.