Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Took these kebabs along to a joint barbecue, very popular, and so easy to make.
- 1⁄4 small pineapple, peeled
- 1 peach
- 1 banana, peeled
- 16 strawberries
Honey Cardamom Syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 20 g butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Cut pineapple into 8 bite sized pieces.
- Cut peach into 8 wedges and slice banana.
- Thread all fruit alternately on skewers; place in shallow dish.
- Combine honey, butter, cardamom, brandy and sugar in a bowl.
- Pour mixture over kebabs, brush to coat.
- Cover; stand at room temperature 1 hour.
- Prepare and heat barbecue.
- Cook kebabs on a hot lightly greased barbecue flatplate 5 minutes.
- Brush with syrup while cooking.
- Serve drizzled with remaining syrup.
- Top with a dollop of fresh cream or yoghurt, if desired.