Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 kg fresh strawberries
- 6 -8 kiwi
- 6 -8 bananas
- 1 large pineapple
- 3 -4 ripe mangoes, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh milk, heated
- 1⁄4 cup Equal sugar substitute
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 500 g semi-sweet chocolate chips, chopped or 500 g semisweet chocolate, block chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream or 2 cups cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups Equal sugar substitute
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Prepare fruits. Wash strawberries well, removing leaves and stems. Peel kiwi and cut into half-moon slices. Cut bananas into circles. Peel pineapple and mangoes and cut into cubes. Thread the fruits into bamboo skewers. Chill while making the dip.
- Strawberry Dip.
- In a thick-bottomed saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add flour all at once and using a wire whip, whisk thoroughly to cook flour.
- Slowly pour hot milk while whisking.
- Combine sugar and egg yolks and stir into mixture. Cook-stir for a few minutes until thick and smooth, not lumpy. Cool.
- In a blender or food processor, puree strawberries and honey until smooth. Reserve one tablespoon of the puree. Stir remaining puree into prepared milk mixture until completely blended.
- Drizzle reserved puree over the mixture in a swirl design. Chill and serve cold with fruit kebabs.
- Chocolate Dip.
- Put chocolate into a heat proof bowl.
- In a saucepan, heat cream and butter until bubbles form on the side. Pour into chocolate.
- Cover bowl and let stand about five minutes to let chocolate melt. When chocolate is melter, stil until smooth. Serve as dip for fruit kebabs.
- Caramel Dip.
- In a saucpan, melt sugar over low heat until it turns golden. Make sure it does not burn. Add cream and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter. Mix thoroughly. Serve as dip.