Recipe by NovaLee
From House & Home
Top Review by Flaca
Easy & delicious. The hardest part was putting the fruit on the skewers! I made this for a bridal shower & they were a big hit! I think I'll make it again with out the tequila for a kiddie 4th of July party. I am not usually a fan of whipped topping but this was tangy, tart and not overly sweet. Nice & refreshing for summer! Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 3 cups angel food cake or 3 cups poundcake, cubes
- 3 cups fresh fruit (strawberries,cubed melon,and/or seedless red or green grapes)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cut up and softened
- 1⁄4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- For the margarita dip: Place sour cream,cream cheese,powdered sugar,tequila,orange juice,and lime juice in a blender or food processor cover blend until combined.
- Add whipping cream cover and blend until fluffy and mixture mounds.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- For Kabobs: Arrange small skewers of cake and fruit on serving platter Serve with dip.