Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was a recipe from my grandmother, to my mom, to me, to my kids....of course, they are young and it's fun and easy for them to make - plus it's really good!
- 1 quart fruit juice, your preference on flavor
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 box sure-gel pectin
- 1 quart sugar
- Heat and stir until sure-gel dissolves.
- Add sugar (1 cup more for extra firm).
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and let cook about 20 minutes.
- Skim and pour into sterilized jars.
Fantastic and easy!!! I used blueberry kiwi white grape juice and it is great!! I love the fact that you don't have to wait for a fruit to be in season to make jam.
This was a wonderful recipe. However I did have to add 1 quart and 2 cups of sugar and I cooked it for like 40 min. before it would finally set up for me.. It did have a great flavor thought and I will def. keep this in my recipe index. Thank you elliebelle.