Cook1 hr 10 mins
This creamy cheesecake, crowned with glazed fruit makes a spectacular dessert! From Pillbury's Complete Book of Baking.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 cracker squares)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened (I use Neufchatel)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream (I use light)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 2 cups pineapple chunks, fresh or canned well drained
- 1 cup blueberries
- Heat oven to 350*F.
- In medium bowl, combine crust ingredients; press in bottom of ungreased 10-inch springform pan.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 cup sugar at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- At low speed, add eggs 1 at a time, beating just until blended.
- Add sour cream and 2 tsp.
- lemon peel; blend well.
- Pour into crust-lined pan.
- Bake at 350*F.
- for 50 to 60 minutes or until center is set.
- Refrigerate for several hours or even overnight.
- In small saucepan, combine 1 tbls.
- sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually add orange juice and water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in lemon juice and 1/4 tsp.
- grated lemon peel.
- Just before serving, carefully remove sides of pan.
- Arrange fruit over cheesecake.
- Spoon or brush glaze over fruit.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Yield: 16 servings.