Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A wonderful, low calorie, no-fat dessert that everyone will enjoy!
Make and share this Fruit Jello Delight recipe from Food.com.
- Boil the one cup of water and add it to the Jello in a bowl or container.
- Stir for about 2 minutes, until completely dissolved.
- Add one cup cold water, stir.
- Put 1 cup chopped banana into bottom of the bowl.
- Chill in refrigerator for about 1-2 hours, or until a thick jelly-like consistency.
- Add other fruit into Jello, spread evenly.
- Place back into refrigerator for about 2-3 more hours.
The first time I made this was last fall. I needed a salad for DD's high school dinner theater, the musical was *Once Upon A Mattress* back in Nov. I had everything on hand to make this except the grapes. So I wanted to make this again when I had grapes. My mom would always do the banana/apple jello when we were young. But with the addition of the grapes, it just makes it a little more special. Thanks for posting and the memories. Made for *Zaar Cookbooks Tag 2009* game
Kat, this was delightfull!! We both love jello and we eat a lot of fruit, so I doubled the recipe, it will last us a few days. Thoroughly enjoyed it and it was a nice light end to a huge meal for 'zaar day, thanks for sharing a good one!! january 25, 2008, I thought it was time I came back to say this is a regular around our house, we love it!! and i just realized i had never done a photo. We love the apple and banana combo and the grapes too but often the grapes are too expensive, so I sub with other fruit, this time with orange pieces, it was delicious served with a little French Vanilla icecream on top. thanks again for posting a delightful regular!!
What a terrific way to get fresh fruit into my family. I used sugar free strawberry jello and with one batch,used bananas and red grapes and with another batch I used peaches and grapes.There's alwasys room for Jello!