Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from the internet, & although the original recipe calles for fresh fruit, I've used frozen! Preparation time does not include time needed to freeze the blended ingredients!
- 2 large bananas, ripe, peeled
- 1 medium avocado, ripe, peeled, pitted
- 2 cups frozen strawberries (etc) or 2 cups frozen cherries (etc)
- Place all ingredients in blender or food processor & puree until totally blended.
- If desired, add sweetner such as agave nectar, to taste.
- Place in freezer-safe bowl with lid & freeze until hard.
- Scrape out to serve & enjoy!
Very cool. I must admit that I had doubts, but the consistency is perfect and its not too sweet. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
I thought avocado was a little strange, but I like the way it is used in this recipe. I first used 2 cups of frozen strawberry, and liked it, but what I like even better is 1 cup of frozen strawberries and 1 cup of frozen cherries. The latter was an excellent treat, although I enjoyed both versions very much.
I made half a batch and added about 2-3 Tbsp agave nectar. The avocado made it creamy, but maybe I got a really flavorful avocado because that flavor was definitely noticable. Oh, and I just processed it and served it right away. Thanks!