Prep 4 mins
Cook 8 mins
Entered for safe-keeping, from "Quick Cuisine" by Kuhn Rikon.
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 lb mixed dried fruit
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- In a 2-quart or larger pressure cooker, add water and honey. Allow to come to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Add dried fruit, raisins, carrots, cinnamon and lemon rind.
- Close lid and bring pressure to 2nd red ring (high pressure) over high heat. Adjust heat to stabilize pressure at 2nd red ring. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use Touch Method (using wooden spoon to depress button) or Automatic Release Method (turning knob on Duromatic Top Knob). (For other manufacturers, follow their favored quick release method.).
- Remove fruit with a slotted spoon.
- Add arrowroot to remaining liquid, and stir to mix.
- Place cashews and thickened liquid in the bowl of a food processor or Vitamix and process until ingredients are smooth.
- Serve fruit in bowls topped with cashew cream.