Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I wanted something "fresh" tasting, so I thought this up. I just threw it together so measurements are approximate.
- 6 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 1⁄2 gala apples or 1⁄2 fuji apple
- 20 sweet red seedless grapes
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- Wash lettuce in cold water, if it isn't very crip fill the sink with ice water and soak it for about 3-5 minutes.
- Dry lettuce (use a salad spinner if you have one).
- Hand tear lettuce into bite sized pieces.
- Divide lettuce in half and put in two medium sized bowls.
- Peel & core apple then dice it into bite sized pieces. Divide apples and place in bowls with lettuce.
- Wash & dry grapes. Divide and place in bowls.
- Wash & peel carrot then grate with large size of cheese grater. Place half in each bowl.
- Wash celery then slice very (almost see through) thin. Place half in each bowl.
- *Salad Dressing*.
- I used Italian Salad Dressing Recipe #43522 by Bev and it was PERFECT.
This was a nice and very quick salad. Enjoyed the grapes and apples. I liked the Italian dressing on the salad, my husband did not, he said it would have been better plain. But good either way!
what a great salad this was a really good combo. I ate it without dressing and it was fantastic. Will have the 2nd serve tonight ate all the apple last night so it wouldn't be brown :) Made for RECIPE SWAP #16 - May 2008
Nice combination of flavors - DD enjoyed this with a Creamy Caesar dressing. I like a seasoned vinegar. Nice, simple yet tasty salad for anytime! **Made for PAC 2008 **