I wanted something "fresh" tasting, so I thought this up. I just threw it together so measurements are approximate.
- Wash lettuce in cold water, if it isn't very crip fill the sink with ice water and soak it for about 3-5 minutes.
- Dry lettuce (use a salad spinner if you have one).
- Hand tear lettuce into bite sized pieces.
- Divide lettuce in half and put in two medium sized bowls.
- Peel & core apple then dice it into bite sized pieces. Divide apples and place in bowls with lettuce.
- Wash & dry grapes. Divide and place in bowls.
- Wash & peel carrot then grate with large size of cheese grater. Place half in each bowl.
- Wash celery then slice very (almost see through) thin. Place half in each bowl.
- *Salad Dressing*.
- I used Italian Salad Dressing Recipe #43522 by Bev and it was PERFECT.