Recipe by Karen=^..^=
A delicious centerpiece you can eat!
Top Review by CookieMonster2323
What a complete hit at my holiday kick-off party! Everyone who arrived gravitated toward it and literally said some version of, "I have to take a picture of this. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen!" It was hysterical! Tasty skewer tail feathers as well! Thank you so much for the amazing idea, method, and recipe!
- 1 bosc pear (head)
- 1 cantaloupes (body) or 1 honeydew melon (body)
- 2 lbs cubed cheddar cheese (beak and tail feathers)
- 1 -2 red bell peppers (snood, feet and side feathers) or 1 -2 yellow bell pepper (snood, feet and side feathers)
- 2 raisins (eyes)
- 1 lb seedless grapes (tail feathers)
- bamboo skewer
Directions See How It's Made
- Stabilize the melon body by cutting a shallow slice off the rind to form a flat base and place on serving dish or platter.
- Using a section of bamboo skewer, attach a Bosc pear (head) upside-down to the upper front of the melon.
- Cut a cheese triangle beak and red pepper snood. Attach both, along with raisin eyes, to the pear head with sections of toothpick.
- Cut red pepper feet and set them in place. For tail feathers, skewer cheese cubes and red grapes, then insert the skewers around the back of the melon. Pin pepper side feathers in place with toothpicks.