Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes an attractive, festive salad for entertaining. Easy to make and tastes great.
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 0.5 (8 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1 pineapple, (2 cups cut up)
- Cut your pineapple in half, lengthwise, leaving green top in tack.
- Scoop out the pineapple using a knife or melon baller and place in a large bowl. (approximately 2 cups).
- Add sliced bananas, maraschino cherries and pecans to the bowl. You can also add grapes, mandarin oranges or other fruit, as desired. It's all good.
- Add any fruit sauce you desire. Sometimes I use vanilla yogurt if I have it on hand, although this salad is naturally good without anything added.
- Add the mixed fruit back into the cleaned out pineapple to serve. Makes a pretty, impressive container for serving.