Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
By using already frozen fruit, this dessert is ready in minutes. You don't have to freeze it for 30 minutes. Quick easy ant not to expensive. The kids will love it.
- 3 cups frozen mixed fruit
- 1⁄3 cup superfine sugar (berry)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a food processor combine the fruit and sugar.
- Using on-off coarsely chop the fruit.
- Stir together the yogurt and the lemon juice.
- With the machine running slowly pour in the yogurt.
- Process until smooth and creamy; scrape down the sides once or twice.
- Scoop into serving dishes.
- Cover and freeze for 30 minutes to firm up slightly.
I used frozen mango chunks from the store. One thing I would like to say is make sure you use good flavorful fruit. This is a great low fat snack or desert. I gave it to my daughter when she was ill and would not eat anything else, and she gobbled it down. I had to use my stick blender, which made a bit extra work, and I had to add some O.J. to get everthing going but it worked great!!
This was so easy and so good. During a heat wave I was craving frozen fruit. I wanted something more fancy then Philly water ice, but nothing heavy like ice cream. This was the perfect compromise. Totally hit the spot on a muggy summer day.
I used a fruit mixture I got from M@M's. I chopped them up while they were still frozen, I did find I had to add quite a bit more yogurt, more than half a tub of the large container.I used fat free French Vanilla. It turned out very good and I enjoyed the completley fat free desert.I used Splenda instead of sugar. I never seem to have fresh lemons so I used the bottled stuff.