Christmas time in South Africa is the hottest time of the year. These rich fruit cake type squares were a part of our cold Christmas buffet usually eaten around the family pool.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt margarine.
- 2Add sugar and mixed dried fruit.
- 3Boil gently for 10 minutes on low heat, stirring it so that it doesn't burn.
- 4Remove from heat and add vanilla extract and beaten egg, stirring all the while so egg doesn't curdle.
- 5Gently fold in the broken cookies.
- 6Press into a 9" x 9" square pan.
- 7Refrigerate and cut into squares when completely cool.
- 8Store in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit Fridge Cake Squares - No Bake
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.2
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 105.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed candied peel