Recipe by Studentchef
This recipe was an entry in the RSC #14 Contest.
Top Review by Midwest Maven
This was interesting to make as I've never made any kind of Fool before. I like the idea of fruit layered witha puddingy thing, and this tasted kinda good, but was just kinda soupy. It also was too much to fit in the pie pan i have. Maybe with some tweaking next time I try it, good luck in the contest!
- 3 eggs, separated
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup nutella, plus
- 2 tablespoons nutella
- 1⁄2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 (9 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 kiwi fruits, sliced
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 3 bananas, cut into small pieces
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate in a double broiler. In the meantime beat egg yolks with 3 tablespoons sugar until pale yellow.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons sugar and beat until soft peaks form.
- Once chocolate has melted, stir, and then add the egg whites, mixing well. Add marshmallow crème and mix well again. Then add the sweetened condensed milk, mixing well. Finally add the egg whites and mix one last time.
- In a 9 inch pie pan, fill in half the chocolate, and then later the fruits; first the apples, then the kiwis, bananas, and finally the dried cranberries. Cover the fruits with the rest of the chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 1 ½ hours. When ready to serve, take the pie out beforehand and let it comes to room temperature.