Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I saw anonymous23's recipe posted today and thought I'd add my recipe also. I made this a long time ago and it does work.
- Remove lid and drink soda.
- Eat banana and save peel.
- At the widest part of the body of the pop bottle and where the tapering begins measure down 3-4 inches.
- At this point cut the bottle.
- Place banana peel in bottle.
- Invert the top of the lid and place it in the bottle.
- It should resemble a funnel in/on a container.
- Now take your handy dandy duct tape or extra wide clear tape and tape the two parts together.
- Add the vinegar into bottle.
- Now wait for those little devils to fly inches.
- When they try to fly up they get trapped in the sides and can't get out.
After I ate my banana and drank my Pepsi for breakfast, I built the ultimate gnat trap following your specs. I placed it in a windowsill that seems to be the local hang-out. The smell attacted the locals for sure - free food! Some of them were apparently highly educated as they quickly escaped. The others got married, settled down on _Banana Island_ and raised families. After 5 days, the commune was thriving so I sealed it off and threw it away. An interesting experiment to be sure. Unfortunately, the _Gnat Club_ on the windowsill is still a hoppin' joint. Thanks for providing me some mindless entertainment ;-).