1/1 Photo of Fruit Filled Won Tons Ala Mode
Pot Scrubber's Note:
Fill won ton wrappers with your favorite canned pie filling and serve over ice cream. It doesn't get any better than this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Open can of pie filling and mince fruit well.
- 2Place one teaspoon of filling on the center of a wonton wrapper. Place another won ton wrapper on top and seal the edges with water. Don't let any filling spill over or won ton will not seal. Press edges with a fork to ensure a tight seal and to create a decorative edge.
- 3Deep fry in a fryer till golden brown at 400* about 3 minutes.
- 4Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- 5Place 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream into 4 pretty little bowls and microwave them all at the same time for 20 seconds to soften the ice cream.
- 6Add 4 won ton fruit crisps on top of each and serve to guests who think you are brilliant.
- 7If using peach or apple, dust lightly with cinnamon.
- 8If using pumpkin, dust lightly with nutmeg.
- 9If using cherry, get out of the way or the sparks from the spoon hitting the bowl will put your eyes out.
- 10They are good. Really.
- 11There will be a lot of filling left over from your can, unfortunately. A shame to waste it- but- you can always have cherry, peach, or apple pie filling with cottage cheese for a protein rich breakfast the next day. Or pour the filling over pancakes. The point is -- well there really is no point -- does there always have to be one?
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit Filled Won Tons Ala Mode
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.7
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 9.7 mg
- Sodium 393.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 7.0 g