Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
Fill won ton wrappers with your favorite canned pie filling and serve over ice cream. It doesn't get any better than this!
- 1 (16 ounce) can cherry pie filling or 1 (16 ounce) can apple pie filling or 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin pie filling or 1 (16 ounce) can peach pie filling
- 32 wonton wrappers
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream (your favorite brand)
- cinnamon (for dusting)
- nutmeg (perhaps)
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Open can of pie filling and mince fruit well.
- Place one teaspoon of filling on the center of a wonton wrapper. Place another won ton wrapper on top and seal the edges with water. Don't let any filling spill over or won ton will not seal. Press edges with a fork to ensure a tight seal and to create a decorative edge.
- Deep fry in a fryer till golden brown at 400* about 3 minutes.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Place 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream into 4 pretty little bowls and microwave them all at the same time for 20 seconds to soften the ice cream.
- Add 4 won ton fruit crisps on top of each and serve to guests who think you are brilliant.
- If using peach or apple, dust lightly with cinnamon.
- If using pumpkin, dust lightly with nutmeg.
- If using cherry, get out of the way or the sparks from the spoon hitting the bowl will put your eyes out.
- They are good. Really.
- There will be a lot of filling left over from your can, unfortunately. A shame to waste it- but- you can always have cherry, peach, or apple pie filling with cottage cheese for a protein rich breakfast the next day. Or pour the filling over pancakes. The point is -- well there really is no point -- does there always have to be one?
Wow, having desert in our family is a big treat and we all really enjoyed this desert. Hubby who normally wouldn't give a recipe a star rating said it was a five star. Little Miss (DD) who has no idea about stars said 16. I don't normally have a sweet tooth also enjoyed this recipe, I like how all the flavours mixed well together, the sweetness of the fruit, the crunchiness of the wontons with the creamy vanilla ice cream and a dust sweet cinnamon flavour. I made everything from scratch because I couldn't get into town, I used Recipe #281598, Recipe #136350 and topped it with Recipe #41463. Thank you Pot Scrubber
Cheers for Danya. These were superb. I had homemade cherry pie filling that my grandmother makes. Her special recipe has hints of almond in it. Everyone insisted on them straight out of the kettle. The ice cream melted around them, just the way I like it. :D
OH WOW!!! Who woulda thunk!!! Danya this is so simple the kids were making them themselves and digging in, hardly lettting them cool! A cross between a flauta and a McDonalds fried pie but oh so much better! I had leftover pie filling from topping waffles so we just used all that up til we ran out! This was lethal!!! THANK YOU!!!