Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Yummy and quick dessert. Easier than pie!
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups water
- 1 (21 ounce) can pie filling, any flavor, cherry, peach and apple are great
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Fill tortillas with pie filling and place folded side down in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bring 1 cup sugar, water and margarine or butter to a boil and pour over tortillas.
- Sprinkle top with 1/2 cup sugar mixed with the cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Let stand before serving to allow the filling to thicken.
I made this recipe twice and liked it much better the second time. The second time I made at a monthly girls night. I let it set for a little while and the juices were soked up and it wasnt as sweet. It tasted almost like a homemade fried pie. Next time I want to figure out how to use cream cheese with this recipe.
I used peach pie filling and added lots of extra cinnamon, because we love it. It was soooo hot out of the oven, so I let it cool a good ten minutes and topped it with Whipped Cream. It was a big hit and we all enjoyed this so much. Thanks for posting! Made this again June 2007, this time with a home made strawberry pie filling, topped it with whipped cream and wow....delicious!! Made for ZWT 3 :)
I did half a batch of apple with another half batch of blueberry. For the sauce instead of water, I made a caramel-like sauce. 1 can condensed goat milk, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tbsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. corn starch. Heat until soft boil with whisk to get rid of any lumps. We then poured it over the roll ups and baked until the tortillas started to crisp. WOW.. what a great recipe!