Wendys Kitchen's Note:
Always on the lookout for healthy snack alternatives for children. This is great. May be served as a brunch meal or starter as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set up a wrapping 'station'. Have a large baking dish (big enough to completely submerge a rice paper sheet) filled with warm water.
- 2Next to that, have your package of rice paper, then your fruit, then your large plate, paper towels or a kitchen towel, then serving plate covered with plastic wrap.
- 3Place one rice paper sheet into water and press down softly to cover. Allow to sit 1 minute, then pull out gently- don't tear it! Place it flat down on plate and place slices of banana and strawberry at the bottom corner.
- 4Fold up corner, then fold over. Wrap in the sides, then roll all the way up. It should look like a small egg roll. Best is 4 slices banana and a little over half a strawberry per roll.
- 5Its better to under fill than to overfill, as the paper will tear. Place on your serving plate and cover with the plastic wrap.
- 6Wipe off your rolling plate and repeat with remaining sheets and fruit, placing under plastic wrap after each one to keep from drying out.
- 7After all wraps are used up, uncover rolls and (with a very sharp knife), cut each in half on the diagonal. Arrange attractively on a serving plate and divide soy yogurt between 4 small dipping bowls (1 for each person). Garnish with a drizzle of sauce and a sprig of mint.
- 9* Try serving this on Asian plates with small dipping sauce bowls to match and eating with chopsticks.
- 10* Great with any fruit you would like. Great ones to try: Peaches, Pineapple, Coconut shreds, small Apple chunks, chopped Cherries, Mandarin orange segments (patted dry first), Mango, papaya, pear, etc.
- 11* A great sauce to try drizzled on bananas inside the roll: vegan chocolate melted with a bit of peanut butter- its very easy to make these look elegant and taste delicious!
- 12* Try any dipping sauce you'd like. Blended fruit and applesauce is great, all different types of soy yogurt work, and a creamy dip made with coconut milk or coconut cream. (You can find it in Asian food stores in powdered form.) Shredded coconut, flavoring (like vanilla or almond extract, ginger or cinnamon) and vegan sugar or syrup simmered down is wonderful. Serve all the sauces cold and thick!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit Filled Spring Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: