Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Treat your family to this delicious puffed pancake that is filled with blueberries and bananas (or other fresh fruit of your choice).
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place butter in a 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 400 degrees F for 4 - 5 minutes or until melted. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 tablespoon sugar and salt. Add eggs and milk; whisk until smooth.
- Pour into hot pie plate. Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 - 12 minutes or until edges are puffed and golden brown. Meanwhile, combine blueberries and bananas.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar. Spoon fruit mixture onto pancake; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Cut into wedges.
I love that this recipe is easy to make, light and healthy! I used strawberries and bananas to fill the pancake and it was such a nice addition to the brunch I took it to. I used vanilla soy milk in place of the milk, so cut back a bit on the sugar. It was just slightly sweet with the fruit mixture on top - just right for me. Made this for Top Recipes of 2010.
I loved this pancake. It was incredible, light, fluffy, tender, flavorful . Simply delicious. I served mine with fresh sliced strawberries and sprinkled with the cinnamon sugar. It was perfect. I loved the quickness and ease of this recipe. I will definitely be enjoying these babies again, can't wait to try them with the banana and blueberries. :)
Wonderful breakfast treat! Loved the light, eggy pancake - it was great with the fruit. I loved the blueberry/banana combo but I'm sure any number of fruits would work as well. Thanks for posting this recipe!