Recipe by Redsie
From BHG's New Dieter's Cookbook. If you don't have buttermilk, you can replace by sour milk (2 teaspoons lemon juice or vinegar in 2/3 cup milk - mix and let stand 5 minutes before using).
Top Review by CoffeeB
These are a nice little muffin w/relatively little work in putting together. I chose to use 3/4 cup whole wheat flour and 3/4 cup all-purpose. Also, used Splenda sugar in place of regular. I used Smucker's Low-Sugar Apricot Preserves for my jam of choice using 1 heaping teaspoon in each. A virtually guilt-free muffin:-) Made for 123Hits~
- nonstick cooking spray
- 354.88 ml flour
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 0.59 ml salt
- 158.51 ml buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 44.37 ml cooking oil
- 59.14 ml apricot jam or 59.14 ml peach jam or 59.14 ml raspberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat twelve muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper bake cups; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together buttermilk, egg and oil. Add buttermilk mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about one-fourth full. Place 1 teaspoon of the spreadable fruit in center of each. Add remaining batter.
- Bake in 400F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Serve warm.