Recipe by Diane G.
I had to develop something that 1. I liked and 2. didn't contain any peanuts or grape or palm products in it for allergy reasons. Most commercial bars have one or more of the above.
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 8 -10 ounces pureed fruit spread, of your choice containing only fruit (my favorite is Raspberry)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine in Mixing bowl the oats, flour, baking soda and brown sugar.
- Cut in margarine until it looks like coarse crumbs.
- Reserving 1/4 cup of mixture for top, press remainder of mixture firmly and evenly into bottom of an ungreased 9X9 pan.
- Spread pureed fruit onto top of oatmeal mixture.
- Sprinkle reserved 1/4 cup of oatmeal mixture onto top, following it with a sprinkling of all of the nuts.
- Press mixture very lightly to make sure all of the nuts are'committed' but not so hard that the fruit all squishes to the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for approximately 30 minutes or until top is golden.
- Cool in the pan.
- Cut into bars.
- Makes 20-25 bars.