Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in a church cookbook and made a couple of changes to it. It uses bisquick baking mix and other ingredients that I always have on hand. You can choose any pie filling you want. The dough can be tricky to work with so have yourself a nice large, clean area and flour handy to help with the rolling process.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the cream cheese and margarine into the bisquick until crumbly.
- Blend in milk until it makes a dough.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and kneed 8 to 10 times. Form dough into a fat rectangle shape.
- Using a rolling pin, begin to roll out the dough into a 12 x 8 inch rectangle. You may need to use flour under and on top several times to keep the dough from sticking.
- Lift dough onto a greased baking sheet.
- Spread a can of pie filling of your choice down the center of the dough.
- With a knife, cut strips about 1 inch apart down the sides. Fold the strips up and over the fruit filling at an angle.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle on the top evenly.
- Place in the preheated oven on the center rack. Bake for 15 - 17 minutes.
- Be sure and check it at about 8 minutes to see if the top is browning. If it has, place a piece of foil, lightly on top to prevent burning.
- You can also skip the cinnamon/sugar step and drizzle with a glaze instead.
This was really delicious and easy. I brought it to work one day for a co-workers bday and it was gone by the end of the day!