Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
You can change up th fruits and make different versions, to suit your own taste. Requires no rising!
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water (105F to 115F)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup chopped prune
- 2⁄3 cup chopped apricot
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- Dissolve yeast in warm water, let stand 5 minutes. Combinef flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl; cut batter into flour mixture with pastry blender.
- Combine yeast mixture, egg, vanilla; stir into flour mixture, blending until smooth. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 14 x 10 inch rectangle. Place in a lightly greased 11 x 7 x 2 inch baking pan, allowing extra dough to hang over sides.Spread Fruit Filling over dough, fold overhanging dough over fruit. Sprinkle dough with 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar.(Do not allow dough to rise)Bake at 375F for 30 minutes; reduce heat to 300F and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Fruit Filling: Cook prunes and apricots in a small amount of water 5 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Combine fruit mixture and remaining ingredients, str well.