Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fruit-Filled Acorn Squash
- 1 medium acorn squash, 1 pound
- 2 ounces dried apricot halves, 6 whole
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon almonds, sliced, toasted
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membrane.
- Place squash, cut side down, in a vegetable steamer; arrange apricots around squash.
- Place steamer over boiling water in a Dutch oven.
- Cover and steam 15 minutes or until squash is crisp-tender.
- Coarsely chop apricots.
- Combine chopped apricots, raisins, apricot preserves, water, and salt.
- Spoon evenly into each squash half.
- Cover and steam 5 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds.