Recipe by Manami
We are lucky here in Miami because we get to have summer melons all year round. This is for fruit salad using melons and cream. I saw this on the web and found something like it on landolakes.com - so here goes.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon maple-flavor syrup or 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 2 tablespoons toasted unsweetened coconut (optional)
- 4 cups melon balls (Cantaloupe, honeydew, casaba, watermelon, Santa Claus etc)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all cream ingredients in food processor bowl fitted with metal blade.
- Just in case, do not include the coconut.
- Cover; process until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Place 3/4 cup assorted balls in individual dessert dishes.
- Top each serving with 1/4 cup cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with coconut, if using.