Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another recipe from Strictly Thrifty using Bisquick.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (17 ounce) can canned fruit, drained (reserve syrup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, finely chopped
- Mix cornstarch, sugar and salt in large saucepan. Gradually stir in reserved fruit syrup plus enough water to measure 1 1/2 cups liquid.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in fruit, lemon peel, lemon juice and cinnamon. Keep hot while preparing dumplings.
- Stir remaining ingredients to a soft dough. Drop dough by 6 spoonfuls onto boiling fruit mixture.
- Cook uncovered over low heat 10 minutes; cover and cook 10 minutes longer.