Recipe by Darkhunter
Had this at a friend's house and loved them. Wouldn't you know, my sister went to her office collected recipes and found the recipe. Wanted to put it here before it was lost.
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 3 cups flour
- fruit, of choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter with sugar.
- Add eggs, stirring hard.
- Add cottage cheese and flour.
- Stir well and gradually add enough milk to make a soft dough.
- Roll out on floured board (not too thin), and cut in squares. Into each square put a blue plum, apricot or sweet cherries. Pinch corners together and roll into a ball.
- Boil dumplings in a large pot filled with rapidly boiling, salted water for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve with melted butter and a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.