Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Had this at a friend's house and loved them. Wouldn't you know, my sister went to her office collected recipes and found the recipe. Wanted to put it here before it was lost.
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 3 cups flour
- fruit, of choice
- Cream butter with sugar.
- Add eggs, stirring hard.
- Add cottage cheese and flour.
- Stir well and gradually add enough milk to make a soft dough.
- Roll out on floured board (not too thin), and cut in squares. Into each square put a blue plum, apricot or sweet cherries. Pinch corners together and roll into a ball.
- Boil dumplings in a large pot filled with rapidly boiling, salted water for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve with melted butter and a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
Yummy! I used frozen cranberries and blueberries. I brushed on melted butter with a pastry brush and sprinkled with Spiced Sugar (look it up, it's on here.)
I made this with Blueberries and subsitututed Cottage cheese for part skim ricotta.. Yum!
My dough was quite sticky. It made for great fun with the kids but I think next time I'll add a bit more flour. We used apricots and dried plums and the kids couldn't get enough. The butter and cinnamon sugar at the end makes this dish worthwhile. Reviewed for ZWT4